- 8 quails, cleaned
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 90g butter
- 8 slices prosciuttoo
- 2 carrots, finely chopped
- 2 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 1 leek, sliced
- 2 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- 1 cup white wine
- ¾ cup meat broth (stock)
- 90g prosciutto, finely chopped
- 8 sage leaves, finely chopped
- 30g pistachio nuts, ground
Salt and pepper quails inside and out. Mix the stuffing ingredients together and stuff each bird with the mixture. Divide half the butter into 8 and place a knob inside each bird. Wrap a slice of prosciutto around each bird and bind together with kitchen string. Melt the rest of the butter in a large pan, add the quails and brown them on each side for 5 minutes over moderate heat.
Add the carrot, celery, leek and parsley and sweat for 10 minutes, allowing liquid to evaporate. If there is still too much liquid, reduce over high heat. Transfer to a heated dish and serve quail on the cooked carrot, celery and leek.