- 200g kingfish fillet
- 250g castor sugar
- 250g fine sea salt
- pinch of fennel seeds
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 French bread stick cut into 5mm slices,
- grilled and brushed with olive oil
- fennel, very finely sliced, to serve
- white anchovies, to serve
- chervil, to serve
- extra virgin olive oil, to serve
Combine the sugar, salt, fennel seeds, lemon juice and zest together to make a curing mix.
Place a small amount under the kingfish fillet and pack the rest on top of the fish until it is completely covered by the cure.
Cover with cling wrap and leave to cure in the fridge for 6 hours.
Rinse off the cure mix under cold water and pat dry with a paper towel.
To serve slice the fish very thinly and place on a crostini, garnish with the white anchovies, fennel, chervil and a small drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.