COOKS IN 1 HOUR 40 MINUTES PLUS MARINATING OVERNIGHT
Duck, Marinade & Vegetables
- 4 x 220g duck legs
- 2 star anise
- 1 stick of cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons runny honey
- 4 tablespoons low-salt soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- Seasonal vegetables
- Orange segments
Blood Orange Sauce
- 2 blood oranges, juiced
- 2 blood oranges, thinly sliced
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup duck stock
- 2 tablespoons verjuice
- 1 tsp cornflour
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon butter, cubed
- The day before you are ready to cook, pop all of the marinade ingredients into a dish, add the duck legs, turn them to coat, then cover with cling wrap and chill in the fridge until needed.
- To cook the duck, remove the legs from the marinade (reserve this) and pop them onto a griddle pan to cook very slowly over a medium-low heat for 40 minutes, until the meat is tender with a crisp skin, turning often and brushing with the reserved marinade.
- To make the sauce, place the blood orange juice, slices, sugar, stock and verjuice into the saucepan and simmer over medium heat for 8 minutes. Whisk in the combined cornflour and water and stir until liquid boils. Remove from heat and cool for 2 minutes, whisk in the cubed butter.
- Serve roasted duck with seasonal vegetables and drizzle with Blood Orange sauce.
- Garnish with rocket, fennel, and orange segments.