- 6 rabbit legs, deboned, diced
- 2 chicken marylands, deboned, diced
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 carrot, finely diced
- 1 stalk celery, finely diced
- 1 leek, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely diced
- ½ bunch thyme
- chicken stock
- zest and juice of 2 limes
- 250ml white wine
- salt, to taste
- 450g fresh (or dry) pappardelle
- grated parmigiano reggiano
Combine the rabbit, chicken, thyme and salt. In a large heavy base pot seal off the meat in batches and set aside, reserving any juices.
Sweat off the vegetables and add the meat back into the pot with the juices, de glaze with white wine. Add chicken stock to cover and simmer over a very low heat for 1-2 hours or until tender. Add lime juice and zest check consistency and seasoning. Cook the pasta in boiling salted water.
Once the pasta is cooked add it to the pan with the ragu. Add grated parmigiano reggiano and toss over a medium heat until the pasta is emulsified. Check seasoning and finish with a squeeze of fresh lime juice.