- 600g hot smoked salmon
- 1 raddichio head, very finely sliced
- 1 bunch chevril, picked
- 1 bunch watercress, picked
- 1 fennel head, very finely sliced
- 1 bunch French breakfast radish, quartered
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 30ml extra virgin olive oil
- 4 carrots
- 1 yellow carrot
- 1 purple carrot
- 100g sugar
- 250ml white wine vinegar
- 75ml water
- spices (pinch of fennel seeds, dried chilli, coriander seeds, cinnamon, cloves, bay leaf)
Using a peeler, slice the carrots into ribbons. Combine the ingredients of the pickling liquird in a pot and bring to the boil, strain onto the sliced carrots and leave to cool.
- 20g fresh horseradish, grated
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 350ml cream
Peel and grate the horseradish, add salt and infuse with the cream overnight. The next day pass through a fine sieve. Whip to soft peak.
Drain off the pickled vegetables. Flake the salmon into chunks. Combine the pickled vegetables with the chevril, watercress and salmon Dress with the extra virgin olive oil and season to taste. Serve hirseradish cream on the side.