ENTRÉE SERVES 6-8
FOR THE CURING
- 1 whole salmon filleted and pin-boned
- 800g sea salt
- 500g white sugar
Combine the salt and sugar together. Spread a fine layer of this mixture onto a tray which will fit the fish snugly, and place the fillets skin side down. Cover the fillets with the rest of the salt mixture, cover and refrigerate for 16 hours. The next day wash the salt off and pat dry.
- 2 bunches dill, chopped
- 2 bunches chervil, chopped
- 2 bunches flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 bunches French tarragon, chopped
- 2 tbsp coriander seeds
- 5 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp of white peppercorns, crushed
- 1 bottle of De Bortoli Vinoque Pinot Blanc
Combine all ingredients in a bowl, mixing well. Pour a little of this mixture into a deep tray and place the salmon fillets into this mixture. Pour the rest of the marinade over the fish making sure the fish is well covered. Cover and place in the fridge for 16 hours.
- 4 tbsp of good quality extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp of good quality white wine vinegar
- fresh chervil sprigs
- fresh tarragon sprigs
Remove fish from tray, place on board and cut thin slices against the grain. Place slices onto a platter. Drizzle with oil and lemon/vinegar mix and top with the chervil and tarragon.