- ¼ cup plain flour
- ½ tsp sumac
- ¼ tsp ground white pepper
- 300g whiting fillets
- 60g butter
- sea salt
- 4-6 assorted tomatoes, sliced
- ½ ciabatta loaf, torn and toasted
- 1 Spanish onion, sliced
- ½ bunch of basil leaves, torn
- 10 fresh anchovy fillets, chopped
- 1 tbsp capers
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
Put the flour in a large snap lock bag with sumac, white pepper and season with sea salt. Seal and shake to combine. Open the bag and add the whiting fillets. Seal the bag again and shake gently to coat the fish in the seasoned flour.
Heat the butter in a large frying pan over medium heat and fry the whiting fillets for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until golden and the thickest part of the fillet is cooked through.
To make the panzanella salad, mix together all the remaining ingredients. Serve with the pan fried whiting fillets.